View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: Duluth Trading synthetic fleece lined pants.  (Read 1393 times)

Offline 300winmag

• Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
Duluth Trading synthetic fleece lined pants.
« on: November 17, 2016, 04:07:40 pm »
Duluth Trading has some nice winter pants for a very good price, $89.50.

FEATURES:
->crotch gusset
->100% nylon shell
->polyester fleece lining (likely 100 weight)
->double knees
->front vertical zippers on cargo pockets (accessible when sitting)
->zippered security pocket beside right upper pocket
->Nylon web belt W/plastic QR buckle
->DWR treatment (don't get excited, it's only ScotchGuard)
->two colors, dark gray and camel

Rail Riders sells unlined nylon pants for the same price and their fleece lined nylon pants are $130.!!!
I've worn Duluth Trading unlined poly pants and found them to be well made and very durable.

BTW, I ordered a pair of these pants. Got tired of having my fleece lined cotton pants wet out despite DWR treatment. Yeah, I have nylon shells but they require the PITA of donning and removing long johns or fleece pants.
Besides, these Duluth Trading nylon pants are good with long johns and gaiters for very cold weather, as in 10 F. and lower.

UPDATE: OK, I got them today and they are very nice pants. the crotch gusset is big and long for plenty of freedom when bending or climbing.

I'm keeping these pants B/C they are so well made and exceeded my expectations. You will need to spray them with a good DWR like Grangers or Reivex as the Scotchguard they are treated with doesn't repel water worth a [email protected]

Eric B.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 09:41:37 pm by 300winmag »

Offline 300winmag

• Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
Re: Duluth Trading synthetic fleece lined pants.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 05:30:58 pm »
SALE:

If you like charcoal as a pants color you can now get these pants online for $54. !!

Other colors are still $89.50

Offline 300winmag

• Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
Re: Duluth Trading synthetic fleece lined pants.
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 09:11:14 pm »
BUMP!

I bumped this post up B/C these pants are such a bargain and so well made. Used them a lot last winter and absolutely no complaints.

Duluth Trading has an "Alaskan" version that are heavier duty with more reinforcements. More for work and snowmobiling.

I may make a vertical opening on the inside of the double knees to insert my 5.11 brand closed cell neoprene knee pads. That's how my 5.11 unlined nylon pants are made.

Eric B.