View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: Kanguk VS Alaskan  (Read 1850 times)

Offline Pathfinder

• Hauling Sled
    • View Profile
Re: Kanguk VS Alaskan
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2018, 10:47:11 am »
Thanks for the input, guys. Im looking forward to my new Snowtrekker 8x8 Crew.  Duane talked me into the smaller Kni-co Trekker 10x10x19 Kni-co. I originally planned to use the Alaskan Jr stove (12x12x19) to use as double duty for a larger tent next year.  But i agree that i might be over stove'd in the 8x8.  I guess by next winter I'll have two tents and two stoves. Snowtrekker 9x11.5 Shortwall Basecamp for next year for truck and canoe camping, fishing, hunting.

You have selected and are on the right path...finder.

Heh heh

Offline Pathfinder

• Hauling Sled
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2018, 10:49:29 am »

You'd be in good company in these parts with a choice of tents and stoves... ;)   And then still be guilty of thinking that there would still be a few bases that you hadn't covered with just two of each...

I know, eh? I recently spoke with someone who now has three Snow trekker's! Imagine the greediness of having three tents!?  ;D

Offline southcove

• Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2018, 05:30:34 pm »

You'd be in good company in these parts with a choice of tents and stoves... ;)   And then still be guilty of thinking that there would still be a few bases that you hadn't covered with just two of each...

I know, eh? I recently spoke with someone who now has three Snow trekker's! Imagine the greediness of having three tents!?  ;D

Greediness...?  I prefer just to think of that lucky bugger (whomever he is...hmn?) as having planned and schemed better than I have.   :-X

Offline Nmakinen4212

• Coming in From the Cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2018, 10:11:02 am »
Love my snowntrekker 9x11.5 it will make a great 2 person for you. I like that I can stand straight up at the peak something I wasn't able to do in my Kanguk. Also the Snowtrekker is easier and quicker to setup.

Have Duane look into UPS for shipping because of the strike. I just ordered some bags for my tobbaggon and shipping was reasonable and should be fast.

Offline Pathfinder

• Hauling Sled
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2018, 06:52:34 pm »
Love my snowntrekker 9x11.5 it will make a great 2 person for you. I like that I can stand straight up at the peak something I wasn't able to do in my Kanguk. Also the Snowtrekker is easier and quicker to setup.

Have Duane look into UPS for shipping because of the strike. I just ordered some bags for my tobbaggon and shipping was reasonable and should be fast.

Im glad youre more than happy with your 9x11.5 choice, that's my next tent (in the base-camp model) for fall of 2019.  Also, I did speak to Duane and he was kind enough to ensure me that he will ship the most economical way possible.  Have to be honest, im not too worried about strike, it wont last that long or delay shipping on this tent too badly.

Cheers!