View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: Snowtrekker Shrink?  (Read 919 times)

Offline Nmakinen4212

• Coming in From the Cold
    • View Profile
Snowtrekker Shrink?
« on: November 24, 2018, 09:46:31 pm »
I just got back from my first outing with my new snowtrekker. I went to set it up in my garage to dry out and it seems to have shrunk. I can't get the poles to fit in the bottom part that is suppose to hold them. It was fine setting up last night and also in my backyard a few weeks ago. How can i fix this?

Offline AunNordDuNord

• Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
Re: Snowtrekker Shrink?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 10:04:58 pm »
i experienced the same thing on trips when the tent would get set up "wet" e.i. we leave in the morning and the tent is damp, and when ready to set it up at night it is near impossible to get those poles in there pockets.... So anyway when it is bone dry it is working just fine!! So let it dry and it should be back to normal. So on trip I set it up w/o putting the poles in there pocket and light the stove, it dries out the tent some what and then the poles goes in easy!!

Offline Nmakinen4212

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 10:02:09 am »
i experienced the same thing on trips when the tent would get set up "wet" e.i. we leave in the morning and the tent is damp, and when ready to set it up at night it is near impossible to get those poles in there pockets.... So anyway when it is bone dry it is working just fine!! So let it dry and it should be back to normal. So on trip I set it up w/o putting the poles in there pocket and light the stove, it dries out the tent some what and then the poles goes in easy!!

Thank you for the reply. It helped me sleep better. I was pretty worried. Looks like everything is back to normal this morning. It's kinda crazy how much it can shrink up.

Offline AunNordDuNord

• Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 12:17:48 am »
I lost my tamper a few times while on trips after a day on the river bellow freezing looking for moose and not finding one, being cold and hungry, wanting things to be smooth and the tent not wanting to go together like it should meaning no warmth yet that means no real food either.... I learned to breath since then!!
 :)

Offline Jawax

• Supporter
  • Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 09:09:06 am »
If a little bit of rain could ruin a Snowtrekker, they would not be as wildly popular as they are. 

Offline Soledad

• Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2018, 11:02:36 am »
I do not have this issue with my 9x11.5, but have heard of this happening on larger tents.  Which tents are you using?

Offline Forse07

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2018, 01:46:14 pm »
I have had this same issue happen to me with my snow trekker and pop up fish house. I have learned to make sure and dry the tent out in between each use to make sure this doesn't happen while on a trip.

Offline AunNordDuNord

• Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2018, 01:49:55 am »
I do not have this issue with my 9x11.5, but have heard of this happening on larger tents.  Which tents are you using?

I use the 9x11. EXP short wall!!

Offline sleddawg

• Supporter
  • Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
    • Rhum Line Marine
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2018, 10:47:31 am »

I also have the 9 X 11.5 exp. short wall, bought it used and have had the same problem so much so I was thinking about shortening the poles.

Still manage to get it set up but some times harder than others.

I do a complete dry out after each use, three or four days hanging in the shop.

Ken
I, haul the sled so therefore I am "the" dawg.....