View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: New Ti Stove From Winnerwell  (Read 1199 times)

Offline rbinhood

• Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
New Ti Stove From Winnerwell
« on: December 02, 2018, 11:54:13 pm »
So I was looking at Winnerwell stoves on Amazon and saw this: https://www.amazon.com/Winnerwell-Fastfold-Titanium-Ultralight-Functions/dp/B07B8Z3PTK/ref=pd_day0_hl_468_9?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07B8Z3PTK&pd_rd_r=d7414b26-f5e0-11e8-8ad5-2179f688e965&pd_rd_w=Fqusb&pd_rd_wg=Kg638&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=ad07871c-e646-4161-82c7-5ed0d4c85b07&pf_rd_r=QYWWK9RPRP2SSEW9VSM0&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=QYWWK9RPRP2SSEW9VSM0

It is obviously small at just 15"x 9" x 7", but for the right small tent it could be just the ticket. At just 4 lbs. total, it's very light. Also, the $500 price for a Ti stove, including pipe, is pretty reasonable.
"Our life is frittered away by detail... simplify, simplify."
Henry David  Thoreau

Offline Coldfeet

• Supporter
  • Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
Re: New Ti Stove From Winnerwell
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2020, 05:48:50 pm »
My friend just ordered this stove, should come in late this week.   Plus a tipii tent.   

Offline rbinhood

• Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2020, 09:40:15 am »
When it comes in, I would very much appreciate a review. I was looking at it last night. $500 for a very small firebox. It would be tough to use it to heat more than a very small tent.
Their larger stainless stoves and ovens held far more interest for me. Especially like the fold flat oven, but I already have a Coleman that does the same thing.
"Our life is frittered away by detail... simplify, simplify."
Henry David  Thoreau

Offline AunNordDuNord

• Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2020, 06:10:09 pm »
It would be nice if one would make them 20x12x12 now we would be talking!!

Offline Coldfeet

• Supporter
  • Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2020, 08:20:42 pm »
When it comes in, I would very much appreciate a review. I was looking at it last night. $500 for a very small firebox. It would be tough to use it to heat more than a very small tent.
Their larger stainless stoves and ovens held far more interest for me. Especially like the fold flat oven, but I already have a Coleman that does the same thing.
[/quote.   

I’ll let you know.  He also picked up a Smokey Hut tipi that is pretty cool. It’s all being used for backpacking here near NYC.  The stove does fold flat.  He choose that one because of no small screws and other little parts. All hinges from the video I saw.
Just another toy to take out and play with.  I could see some late fall early spring trips using it.
Other friend I think bought the stove with window from Luxe.  He too is using it for backpacking and pulk.  I’m just spoiled standing up in the Snowtrekker. I thought about making a partition in the ST and using that small ti stove. Maybe we’ll test it in my tent sometime this mild winter. Will keep you updated.

Offline Boatman53

• Coming in From the Cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2020, 06:14:58 pm »
I too would love to know how it behaves. I wonder how thick the Ti is? And is warping a concern for folding.
It does look like a very versatile design. I like that the top can be removed to use just as a firebox.
Jim