View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: mountain parka  (Read 1193 times)

Offline lone eagle

• Coming in From the Cold
    • View Profile
mountain parka
« on: December 11, 2018, 06:49:41 am »
Kevin, do you think anyone will ever bring out a version of what used to be called the 60/40 parka? I think it would be a small company such as yourself, none of the big one's will put out something without Gore Tex in it. The cloth is apparently available, a company called Helikon Tex makes a copy of the British army combat smock in it. I loved that jacket especially the zippered rear pocket for carrying a sweater in. I found it served well for most uses, yes eventually it soaked through but thats' what poncho's are for. I used mine in the city and hiking to include 10 degree weather in the Smokie's and later in the Rockie's until it was lost in a house move. I don't know if there would be much interest but I think the bushcraft and winter types who don't use gore tex might be an audience. What do you think? Yes it's not for real far north trekking but for us lesser types, much of the lower 48 I for one would be interested.

Offline Kevinkinney

• Vendor - Supporter
  • Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
    • Empire Canvas Works
Re: mountain parka
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 06:04:20 pm »
Our 50/50 Nyco is pretty similar. I've looked for year for a domestic equivalent, with no success. The Versatec fabrics felt and performed in a similar manner, but they just didn't have the abrasion resistance.
Institutio postulo novus informatio supersto
Proudly monkeying with tradition since 1967

www.empirecanvasworks.com