View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: Deep Freeze 2019  (Read 684 times)

Offline scouter Joe

• Coming in From the Cold
    • View Profile
Deep Freeze 2019
« on: January 10, 2019, 07:39:56 am »
 Deep freeze 2019 is planned for Feb 16th through to Feb 24th . This is the week of the family day holiday . If any  new commers are interested you are welcome . There are lots of camping spots available and if you are new to winter camping there are lots of experienced  campers with different styles of tents that you can learn from . You will be responsible for your own gear, safety and food . If you are cold tenting there will always be a warm heated tent to warm up in .
 Unlike other parts of the province we have lots of snow here . Over 2 feet in the bush . We  will be camping at the same place as last year next to Sideburn Lake at  klm 74.5 on hyw.144  north of Sudbury . There is still lots of standing dead jack pine for fire wood and there is a good area for parking . The trapper plows this for us and there is a 10 dollar charge per vehical to pay him for this
 If you have any questions ask and I will try to answer them either here on the forum or send me a private message  . scouter Joe

Online Moondog55

• Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
Re: Deep Freeze 2019
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 02:52:45 pm »
 :D
Not this year Joe but 2020 / 2021 definitely

Offline scouter Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 07:14:08 pm »
Moondog !  Hopefully we'll finally get to meet you then .

Offline kinguq

• Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
  • Det finnes ikke darlig vaer, bare darlig klaer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 09:31:07 am »
Looking forward to seeing you and the gang there, Joe.

Daniel.

Offline Canoehead1978

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 06:06:31 pm »
Never been before and somewhat new to winter camping. Although have my own gear (very lucky buy last fall). If all goes to plan my buddy and I will attending over the long weekend, likely Saturday to Monday.

Look forward to meeting like minded people and I certainly learning some new things :)

Offline scouter Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 06:59:32 pm »
That's great . We are always happy to see new faces at deep freeze . Not sure where you are coming from but if you are in southern Ontario and don't have snow we have lots here . Be sure to bring your snowshoes . Will be good conditions for it . Looking forward to seeing you . scouter Joe

Offline Canoehead1978

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2019, 08:29:44 pm »
Thanks. I'm actually out of Sudbury. I actually hiked out yesterday to the area to check it out. Pretty impressed with all of the flagging tape. Looking forward to getting out there. I might in fact go for a night or two prior to the weekend in question.