View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: bwcaw Snowbank Lake entry point  (Read 2773 times)

Offline Mike B.

• Warming Up
    • View Profile
bwcaw Snowbank Lake entry point
« on: February 03, 2009, 10:41:28 am »
Has anybody headed out from Snowbank up to the Thomas lake area yet this year?  I know that Snowbank has slush, but I was wondering if the winter trail was OK. 
Thanks,
Mike
"You can pay me when you see me again Josie Wales"

Offline Haggis

• Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
Re: bwcaw Snowbank Lake entry point
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 11:55:36 am »
Just by way of comment, I was in that area this Saturday passed, but I've never snowshoed there about. I have set out in canoe a few times from Snowbank Lake. I suppose it has never occurred to me that one could start out on showshoes from Snowbank Lake, work over toward Parent, then on to Disappointment Lake, on to Ima, and then a short walk through the bush to Kekekabic for some winter trout fishing and towering scenery, well away from the work-a-day world of the retired reprobate.
“It is tedious to live; it is tedious to die; it is tedious to c**p in deep snow”
Old Norwegian Observation

Offline pake

• Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
Re: bwcaw Snowbank Lake entry point
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 03:53:31 pm »
eagantripper

Hi, no, I haven't been through there this year, but I have started out at Smitty's on Snowbank in many other years and headed over to Disappointment Lake and that general area. It's not uncommon to have early season slush on Snowbank, but that usually settles down and firms up as the season progresses. On the series of lakes which I have been travelling this year, many were completely slush covered earlier and have firmed up nicely now. I would say that if you want first hand info, give Smitty's a call. They'll know.

Given the choice, I would travel the lake instead of the overland trail, but that's me.

pake