View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: Hmmm  (Read 267 times)

Offline AunNordDuNord

• Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
Hmmm
« on: January 17, 2019, 01:50:51 AM »
I'll just leave that here... We saw the same guy came up with the simpler version of that a few years back and now he cam out with an even better prototype/production model that can be remotely controlled and/or sit and driven with the same control system(joystick) with possible attachments... If you look attentively you will see a few pretty cool things happening in there!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJFQMAA0cdY

Offline trapmusher

• Supporter
  • Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
Re: Hmmm
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 07:21:31 AM »
Interesting indeed!

Curious about the cost. If it is the price of a snow dog, I'm in!

Offline memaquay

• Supporter
  • Hauling Sled
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 07:43:43 AM »
Couldn't really tell, but I'm guessing it must run on a bogey wheel system like the old elans....don't think the current slider system used for most snow machine type vehicles would last long in summer use situations.  Sure seems to have the ability to pull, wonder how much it weighs.  Must be geared pretty low.  Wonder if there is a reverse?  Too many questions, lol!

Offline kinguq

• Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
  • Det finnes ikke darlig vaer, bare darlig klaer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 08:48:52 AM »
I don't really understand how it steers. Unlike the SnowDog it doesn't have a handlebar, just the remote steering joystick. I thought it must have twin tracks but the website says not. So, how does it turn?

My guess is that the range/endurance will be rather low. Tracked vehicles require more power than wheeled vehicles in general and the power density of batteries is still much lower than a tank of fuel. Might be suitable for work around a farm or for a set distance but not for anything where long range is required.

Kinguq.

Offline Bkrgi

• Supporter
  • Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 01:06:40 PM »
I don't really understand how it steers. Unlike the SnowDog it doesn't have a handlebar, just the remote steering joystick. I thought it must have twin tracks but the website says not. So, how does it turn?

My guess is that the range/endurance will be rather low. Tracked vehicles require more power than wheeled vehicles in general and the power density of batteries is still much lower than a tank of fuel. Might be suitable for work around a farm or for a set distance but not for anything where long range is required.

Kinguq.

Steers much like a articulating loader does in this case the pivot point is the hitch so it needs the toboggan or something attached to pivot off of....guy pulling it with the leash would have to steer it with the leash on its own.

Far from sold on electric vehicle anything because of limited range which drops as life gets colder let alone cost.
Living warm in North x Northwest BC
IMG-20161030-04037 by richardktm300, on Flickr

Offline rbinhood

• Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2019, 10:42:26 PM »
Went to the website and I could not find anything on price.
Not sold on the electric power.
"Our life is frittered away by detail... simplify, simplify."
Henry David  Thoreau