View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: Just wanting to say Thank-You  (Read 370 times)

Offline Moondog55

• Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
Just wanting to say Thank-You
« on: June 11, 2019, 11:08:58 pm »
But life and poor finances and Australias coming depression mean my bucket list trip is not going ahead.
While my inheritance put a bit of money aside for the airfares [ Thanx Dad] the poor state of our economy and all the rising costs have meant my being unable to add anything to the cash stash and there is simply no way of funding a long stay in North America even with the generous offers of beds on the garage floor and the occasional feed.
It's been fun planning but that money is best used to pay down the mortgage a bit and build a new garage.
I guess it is just as well that I haven't yet cut the fabrics or the pelts for my parkas and mittens. Cost of postage means my stuff has very little value now but I have listed the two big ticket items that are worth shipping and insuring.
Now point in having a sleeping bag or down parka that warm here in Australia where it seldom drops below -10C
It's been fun but I think my posts will get slow and far between now

Offline Old Guide

• Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
Re: Just wanting to say Thank-You
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 06:56:56 am »
But life and poor finances and Australias coming depression mean my bucket list trip is not going ahead.
While my inheritance put a bit of money aside for the airfares [ Thanx Dad] the poor state of our economy and all the rising costs have meant my being unable to add anything to the cash stash and there is simply no way of funding a long stay in North America even with the generous offers of beds on the garage floor and the occasional feed.
It's been fun planning but that money is best used to pay down the mortgage a bit and build a new garage.
I guess it is just as well that I haven't yet cut the fabrics or the pelts for my parkas and mittens. Cost of postage means my stuff has very little value now but I have listed the two big ticket items that are worth shipping and insuring.
Now point in having a sleeping bag or down parka that warm here in Australia where it seldom drops below -10C
It's been fun but I think my posts will get slow and far between now

Sad to hear. Good luck.

Offline GearFreak

• Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
    • Alpha Whisky Adventures
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 10:57:05 am »
In the event I don't get to say it in the future:

Take care Moondog!

Yes, life sucks sometimes.  I will remember your enthusiasm, how your posts made me realize how fortunate I was to be born where I was.  I am quite certain that a segment of our population will wish they could trade spaces with you , but we are where we are.   Enjoy getting out in the manner you can, and when you can.  It may not be -30, the snow and forest may not be the same, but make the best of getting out and the earth we inhabit.

Thanks again Moondog for giving us a view from a different perspective.

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."

Dr. Seuss - "The Lorax"

Offline Moondog55

• Supporter
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 07:41:27 pm »
Appreciated fellers
I was really looking forward to riding the Polar Bear Express and attending the big meet-ups but heck.
Now please buy my down gear from me.