View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: Which Gaitors to fit Salomon X-Adventure 7 Cross Country ski boots  (Read 1864 times)

Offline einhorn

• Coming in From the Cold
    • View Profile
Similar to the newer S XA 8. Very comfortable but there weakness is rather flimsy zipped fabric top. Once I took skis off and walked about in deep snow (lunchtime stamping out level area) snow forced open zip from the bottom- upwards (zip is designed to close bottom -upwards). Has a rather flimsy plastic loop fixed to near bottom of zip-not really man enough in my view to hook on a gaitor and preventing snow ingress. Anyone successfully used gaitors with this type of boot. Many thanks. Regards, Frank.

Offline HOOP

• Administrator
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Which Gaitors to fit Salomon X-Adventure 7 Cross Country ski boots
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 07:11:37 am »
Hi Einhorn,

I am not familiar with the boot.  But I have been very happy with my front-entry velcro'd gaitors.   They fit tight enough in front over the boot so I don't have to hook them into the lacing or gaitor ring.   Because the front entry opening is above the boot, the boot always breaks the snow and never catches the opening flap.   The tight form-fitting fit (no elastic), helps to seal the top, even when it is not hooked down.    It is not a perfect fit, but so far it has worked well for me. 

Here is a photo from our "back country skiing section, subsection "boots and bindings":

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Wintertrekker

"I firmly believe that far from hurting the planet, the growing knowledge of Bushcraft is helping our natural world. When we employ bushcraft skills, it may seem as though we are consuming natural resources.  But of course, the more we learn about the trees, the plants, the animals around us, the more we respect them. The more we respect them, the more we cherish them, the more we nurture and take care of them. That is the underlying principle of Bushcraft.