View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: N.Wisconsin  (Read 3217 times)

Offline crooked knife

• Warming Up
    • View Profile
N.Wisconsin
« on: January 20, 2010, 01:24:18 pm »

Lots of snow and not very cold.  Over 75 inches at our place on the end of the Penokee Range which reaches across Iron and Ashland Counties down from the U.P.. We got a lot of snow about the same time we got ice in December on our medium sized lakes.  Which means in places there's still 3 inches of ice and lots of slush.  Nasty.  All lake effect snow from Lake Superior so it's light a fluffy.  Hard getting around even with a snow machine.  It was a fun picture so I thought I'd share.

Joe E

Offline HOOP

• Administrator
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: N.Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 07:12:34 pm »
Great photo Crookedknife!    ;D

Geez, I wish we could get some of that snow here.   We have great ice now, so we need the snow.   Up north, I hear the snowmobilers are not out much, due to very little snow.   Its crusted here now too.  We need some fresh snow.
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Wintertrekker

"I firmly believe that far from hurting the planet, the growing knowledge of Bushcraft is helping our natural world. When we employ bushcraft skills, it may seem as though we are consuming natural resources.  But of course, the more we learn about the trees, the plants, the animals around us, the more we respect them. The more we respect them, the more we cherish them, the more we nurture and take care of them. That is the underlying principle of Bushcraft.

Offline Mike

• Hauling Sled
    • View Profile
Re: N.Wisconsin
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 08:24:34 am »
Funny pic, thanks for sharing.
Mike