View the most recent posts on the forum.

Author Topic: Posting pix  (Read 3005 times)

Offline Snowshoe

• Coming in From the Cold
    • View Profile
Posting pix
« on: March 23, 2008, 08:04:13 pm »
hey guys, how do i post pix? - Snowshoe

Offline HOOP

• Administrator
  • Living Large At -40
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Posting pix
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 09:37:13 pm »
Hi Snowshoe,

First you have to place your photos into a place on the Web that hosts images.  There are a couple ways I know of. 

(1)  The way I use is the free webspace that my Internet Service Provider (ISP), gives me on my email account.  Most ISP's will provide this, so check your ISP's main webpage and look for personal webspace.   They have instructions there.  The instructions will include telling you to download and install FTP software (basic download is free).  You use FTP to place files and folders onto your personal webspace.  Bit of a learning curve, but no too hard, and its free.

(2)  The other way I know of is to use a photo hosting web page.  Many of them are available for free on the Web. 

Then you have to create a link in your text to the image's URL address.

When writing posts, place the full URL address of the individual photo into the text.  You use fore-slashes, not back-slashes for the address on the web.  Then back cursor over it to highlight, and click the "insert image" icon above in the icon buttons you see above the smiley face icons.  It’s the second from the left on the bottom row, to the right of that planet-looking icon.  That will place an image tag in front of the URL and on the back of the URL.  Don't leave any spaces between the front and back tag.  By highlighting the URL and clicking the image icon, it wraps it automatically.   

The key thing is that your photo has to be hosted somewhere on the Web in order to link it onto your post with the mage tags.
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Wintertrekker

"I firmly believe that far from hurting the planet, the growing knowledge of Bushcraft is helping our natural world. When we employ bushcraft skills, it may seem as though we are consuming natural resources.  But of course, the more we learn about the trees, the plants, the animals around us, the more we respect them. The more we respect them, the more we cherish them, the more we nurture and take care of them. That is the underlying principle of Bushcraft.

Offline Snowshoe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 02:16:00 pm »
Hey HOOP thanks for the reply.  I'm still having trouble.  I put the tags in, but in the post, the pictures don't show.  What next? PS. The photos are on Picasa.

Offline Harlan

• Administrator
  • Stoking the Woodstove
    • View Profile
    • SoloTripping.com - The Solo Tripper's Online Community
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 04:08:43 pm »
snowshoe, have a look at your post again.  I went in and added the first photo from your album.  You can't link to the general folder, rather you have to link to each individual picture.  Go to the Picassa site and click on a picture.  Right click on the picture, left click on the properties tab.  Highlight the URL and copy it. Paste it into your post.  Highlight it and click the "IMG" wrap tab.  That's it!  All told it should take roughly 5 seconds.

Harlan

Offline Georgi

• Stoking the Woodstove
  • Winter is not the time to go streaking!!!
    • View Profile
    • Georgi!
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 08:35:42 pm »
If you start a photobucket account , you just click on the link under the picture you want to send and it copies it automatically into the clipboard and when you paste the link is there with the [img] wrap around it.....2 seconds , so it's a little faster then Picasa..... ;D

Although I don't know if it is better.....?
IN ICE WE TRUST ,In Snow we must, go camp in frozen Country. With axe and Saw for Timber is Law, to make our homes more comfy
;)

Georgi

Offline Snowshoe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 06:36:26 am »
Thanks guys! got it!  The pix are in the photo forum - Keijo